Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hair Product Review: Lustrasilk's Olive Oil Leave-In Conditioner


 Today's topic is a hair care product review.  If you have hair that is either wavy, curly, or kinky-curly and you want to wear it natural and define your hair texture more while also conditioning your hair, then I recommend trying Lustrasilk's Olive Oil Cholesterol leave-in conditioner.  I also recommend this leave in conditioner even if you wear your hair blow dried or flat-ironed.  I tried and every time my hair felt soft regardless how I styled my hair ( blow dried straight or natural texture ). 

Before-Lustrasilk was applied to hair- fluffy, frizzy, dry
My favorite use for Lustrasilk's Olive Oil Leave-In Conditioner though is when I wear my hair natural, because it really seems to help define my hair texture more, softens the hair, conditions the hair as olive oil is always great for the hair, and it doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or greasy feeling when my hair dries.  Be careful not to use too much though, or it will leave a slight visible residue from the creamy texture of the conditioner.  This conditioner works pretty decent as a detangler as well, however I recommend added a little olive oil to the conditioner to make it work better as a detangler and moisturizer if you feel it you need to seriously detangle your hair. 

If you wear your hair straight by flat iron or blow dry technique, just apply Lustrasilk to your hair after washing your hair, blow dry, and continue to style as usual with or without a flat iron.  If you have naturally straight hair or a relaxer in your hair, you can apply to your hair as a daily conditioner and continue to style your hair as usual.

Wet the hair 1st
If you're wearing your hair natural, the best way to use Lustrasilk's Olive Oil Cholesterol leave-in conditioner is to wet your hair very well (preferably soaking wet) and use an ample amount if your hair is thick or coarse and much less if your hair is fine textured and run it through your hair with your fingers and pull the strands gently while applying the conditioner.  Use a wide tooth comb if you wish, but not a fine tooth comb or brush as you will lose the texture definition of your hair and it can be damaging to your hair to use brushes (unless it is soft boar hair brush- you can find one at a beauty supply and Walmart).

Hair Results After applying Lustrasilk
Lustrasilk's Olive Oil Cholesterol leave-in conditioner can be found at most beauty supply stores.  You may also be able to find this conditioner in your local Krogers, Target, or Walmart in the beauty and hair section.  I've seen it in pretty much every local beauty supply that I have been in and even in my local Krogers in the hair and beauty section.  You can expect to pay about $2.99-3.50 for it.  Such a good price for a good leave-in conditioner.  As always feel free to comment if you have any questions about this conditioner, or have any feedback from your own use of this conditioner. 

Peace, Autumn Bleu  

No comments:

Post a Comment